The iconic ‘Start Point’ lighthouse marked the beginning of the 19th century voyages of the Salcombe Fruit Schooners which carried the exotic goods, fruits and spices that inspire this gin’s signature flavour.
Distilled to the exacting one-shot London Dry method, this classic citrus led gin is elegantly smooth, distinct and complex yet extremely versatile.
‘Start Point’ is created using the finest Macedonian juniper berries selected for their high limonene content and the fresh citrus peels of red grapefruit, lemon and lime which are hand peeled each day prior to distillation.
A further nine botanicals including English coriander seed, cardamom, cubeb berries, liquorice and angelica root are used to create this exceptionally smooth London Dry Gin.
‘Start Point’ has distinct notes of red grapefruit along with heady, earthy pine notes from the Macedonian juniper. It is perfectly balanced with warming spiced aromas on the nose. Rich, full and incredibly smooth on the palate, with a touch of earthy sweetness from liquorice and angelica root. The finish is fresh, lingering and balanced whilst lengthened by green cardamom.
Best served: On its own over ice or with a premium Indian tonic water and a slice of red grapefruit to complement the rich and warm citrus notes. Alternatively try one of our ‘Start Point’ signature serves and cocktails.
Type: Gin Super Premium
Brand name: Salcombe Gin
Bottle size: 70cl
SIP double Gold. International Consumer Tasting SIP Awards in August 2020.
San Francisco World Spirits. Double Gold
Beverage Testing Institute. Platinum Medal
World Gin Awards 2017. Gold
Environment friendly best wishes
100% plastic free. That means all our packaging is biodegradable & we ensure no single use plastic.
- The glass wine bottles are easy to recycle at your local bottle bank.
The Inner Protective Cardboard Bottle ‘Sleeve’
- We use a Flexi-Hex ® cardboard sleeve to protect the bottle from knocks and bumps in transit.
- The Flexi-Hex sleeve is plastic-free and made from 100% recycled material.
- The PVA adhesive is non-toxic and under the right conditions will biodegrade in 6 weeks.
- The product itself can be reused up to 5 times.
- Flexi-Hex breaks down and biodegrades readily, is non-toxic and is made of recycled material, which has a lower carbon footprint than using virgin cardboard.
The Outer Cardboard Postal Box
- Our postal box is digitally printed paperboard made from a renewable resource.
- Our packaging supplier provides a certified chain of custody as a guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
We’re still trying to make our carbon footprint even smaller & in the future we aim to
- Ensure the fulfilment warehouse that packages your order runs on renewable energy.
- Introduce an easy way for you to choose an emissions free postage option.
If you have any further ideas, product suggestions etc, on how we can make our offering even more environmentally friendly, please get in contact