Léon Perdigal was the legendary first cellarmaster at Ogier's famous cellars when they were founded in 1859 in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
For 155 years, they have been making top-drawer Châteauneuf - and their label Léon Perdigal - named for that cellarmaster - have maked equally delicious Côtes de Rhône. It's a blend of Grenache and Syrah from sites across the southern Rhône - a perfect balance of jammy red fruit and classic Syrah spice.
Juicy. Silky. Fruity. It's got lovely peppery, woody herb aromas which are distinctively Côtes de Rhône. The red-fruity, slightly spicy flavours are excellent with a range of foods - making it perfect for buffets and cold meat platters.
Environment friendly best wishes
100% plastic free. That means all our packaging is biodegradable & we ensure no single use plastic.
- The glass wine bottles are easy to recycle at your local bottle bank.
The Inner Protective Cardboard Bottle ‘Sleeve’
- We use a Flexi-Hex ® cardboard sleeve to protect the bottle from knocks and bumps in transit.
- The Flexi-Hex sleeve is plastic-free and made from 100% recycled material.
- The PVA adhesive is non-toxic and under the right conditions will biodegrade in 6 weeks.
- The product itself can be reused up to 5 times.
- Flexi-Hex breaks down and biodegrades readily, is non-toxic and is made of recycled material, which has a lower carbon footprint than using virgin cardboard.
The Outer Cardboard Postal Box
- Our postal box is digitally printed paperboard made from a renewable resource.
- Our packaging supplier provides a certified chain of custody as a guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
We’re still trying to make our carbon footprint even smaller & in the future we aim to
- Ensure the fulfilment warehouse that packages your order runs on renewable energy.
- Introduce an easy way for you to choose an emissions free postage option.
If you have any further ideas, product suggestions etc, on how we can make our offering even more environmentally friendly, please get in contact