DeliveryNext day, 48 hours tracked or Specific day See delivery details
AssistanceGet help buying Contact us
Nicolás Catena was the first South American winemaker to ever be named 'Decanter's Man of the Year'.
No wonder when he pioneered high-altitude Malbec in the Argentine Andes. Before that, Argentina was only seen as a producer of cheap bulk wine. The Catena's changed all that. Nicolás' great-grandfather, Nicola, planted his first Malbec vines in 1902. Since then, the family have amassed a collection of Malbec varietals which are exclusive to them. It makes the Catena's wines completely distinct from other Argentine Malbecs.
Bold. Ripe. Fruity. It's a big wine with lots of flavour - and a lovely plush texture. It's crying out for grilled meats - think barbecued steak with a punchy chimichurri sauce.
Environment friendly best wishes
100% plastic free. That means all our packaging is biodegradable & we ensure no single use plastic.
- The glass wine bottles are easy to recycle at your local bottle bank.
The Inner Protective Cardboard Bottle ‘Sleeve’
- We use a Flexi-Hex ® cardboard sleeve to protect the bottle from knocks and bumps in transit.
- The Flexi-Hex sleeve is plastic-free and made from 100% recycled material.
- The PVA adhesive is non-toxic and under the right conditions will biodegrade in 6 weeks.
- The product itself can be reused up to 5 times.
- Flexi-Hex breaks down and biodegrades readily, is non-toxic and is made of recycled material, which has a lower carbon footprint than using virgin cardboard.
The Outer Cardboard Postal Box
- Our postal box is digitally printed paperboard made from a renewable resource.
- Our packaging supplier provides a certified chain of custody as a guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
We’re still trying to make our carbon footprint even smaller & in the future we aim to
- Ensure the fulfilment warehouse that packages your order runs on renewable energy.
- Introduce an easy way for you to choose an emissions free postage option.
If you have any further ideas, product suggestions etc, on how we can make our offering even more environmentally friendly, please get in contact